Monday, June 14, 2010



This past weekend was a tough one. I found out on Saturday that my baby Jasper is diabetic. I have decided that I am going to put him down. I do not want to put him through all of the insulin shots(2-3 times a day) and glucose tests(pricking his ear) and vet appts that his diabetes will require. I would much rather have him go peacefully now than painfully later. He isn't himself lately and I just can't see him go through all of this.

It is going to be really hard after he is gone. I am going to miss his meows(although they always annoyed me in the morning) and him cuddling with me! He was such a cuddle buddy! He is going to be put down on Wednesday while I am at work. My wonderful father is going to take him for me. I just can't go through that right now. I don't want to remember that way! It is hard to imagine that when I get home on Wednesday he won't be there to greet me at the door!

I have a Niko to keep me occupied now, so I think he came into my life for a reason. Jazzy will probably be sad for a while, but I have to make sure that I keep her happy! She isn't really happy with Niko, but I think they will come to a mutual understanding at some point after she kicks his butt enough =)

So I am kinda in a funk and probably will be for a little while. He is my baby!

RIP Jasper Dean! So sorry to let you go!! 3/12/02 - 6/16/10

No comments:

Post a Comment