Tuesday, July 6, 2010

7 miles...more hills than I needed!

So I was in Nashville over the weekend visiting with Shari(one of my best friends and one of our walkers on my team). We decided that we were going to go for a walk on Saturday. We did 7 miles, but it was a brutal 7 miles. It was almost 90 degrees out and no shade. It was total sun exposure so it was brutal. My body was fine, but it was just the heat exhaustion that was makin my heart race and killin me. I had to stop a few times to sit in the shade and calm down a bit. We stopped for ice cream(frozen yogurt) on our way out at a new place, Nati Creme, and it was SOOO good! So we were able to take a few breaks in the shade or a/c atleast.

I had a great time this weekend! We went on a trail ride on Sunday and that was a good time!

We are only 3 weeks away from the walk!! I can't believe it! I am so ready to take the next step and walk the 60 miles with my wonderful friends and make that bold statement that I will not sit back and watch while millions of women suffer!

Thanks again for everyone's support.

No comments:

Post a Comment