Ok...so I did a 10 mile walk over the weekend and it kicked my butt!! I guess it was the combination of mowing my lawn twice, pulling weeds and then the next morning walking 10 miles! I did pretty good when I was walking except for a little pain in my thighs and the pads of my feet. I think I was overcompensating for my feet pain and walking wrong so my hips were hurting on Saturday and Sunday. I am recouped now just in time for more walking! I went to the New Balance store and the very nice and helpful people there helped me get some pressure relief insoles for my shoes and I could tell a difference in my shoes the moment they put them in. I haven't done any major walking in them yet, cuz I took my shoes off as soon as I got in the car, but I will see this weekend if they help out. I am going to my brother's house for a mother's day cookout and I am going to walk there..about 4 1/2 miles each way. So only time will tell if the insoles will help!
On a different note...I am graduating in less than 2 weeks!! Can you believe it?!? I am so ready for this semester to be over and to focus on other things! I have my finals next week and then I walk to get my diploma on the 15th!! I can't wait!!
Working on my yard(driving me crazy with dandelions and my grass is growing like crazy!). I guess it is giving me a work out that is for sure! I spent over an hour yesterday using a whole container of Weed n Feed to kill the weeds in my yard, hopefully it works!
On to team news...this month we are having a Pampered Chef online fundraiser for team Mammaritaville! From 5/1-5/22! It is an online fundraiser, so you don't have to go to any parties and feel guilty to have a party yourself so your friend can have credit! Man it is a never ending cycle with those things! Here is the info:
If you are interested, you can view the catalog online and place an order to be shipped directly to you. Your support would be greatly appreciated!!
We have 3 walkers on our team that have not yet reached the minimum amount to walk and this is to help them reach their goal. As a team we have to raise $13,800 and each of the walkers have to raise $2,300 individually. So please show your support and place an order!
To view the catalog and place an order:
Go to : www.pamperedchef.biz/bethroberts
Click on "shop on-line" ( lower left corner)
You can put in 3 day Cancer Walk as the event or Balee Riley as the host.
May is also HELP WHIP CANCER MONTH And the special PINK items have a $1 donated to American Cancer Society.
If you have any questions, you can email Balee at balee17@yahoo.com. She is also willing to take the orders or help out in any way. We are willing to do what we can to make this work for our walkers!
Thank you all again for all of your support!!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment